This is a six-month minimum contract role, with the potential for full-time conversion.
- Create detailed 3D character models from concept art, sketches, or reference materials.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of character models, paying attention to anatomy, proportions, and garment details.
- Collaborate with the creative team to understand and interpret 3D forms from the concept art, providing artistic and technical solutions.
- Optimize character models for mobile performance and compatibility with our character system.
- Collaborate with riggers and animators to ensure seamless integration of characters into animations and game engines.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to brainstorming sessions to enhance the overall artistic quality of our game
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in character modeling and contribute innovative ideas.
- Add to technical and artistic documentation when needed
- Provide feedback to vender studios when needed
- Proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and texturing software (Zbrush, Autodesk Maya, Substance Painter)
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, shape, and proportions.
- Skills in both organic and hard surface modeling.
- Excellent artistic and creative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and take direction effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid communication skills to effectively communicate ideas and concepts.
$40/hr – $65/hr depending on experience and portfolio
Jadu is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, and other underrepresented groups.
Jadu is building a next-gen multiplayer Augmented Reality fighting game for your phone launching this summer on iOS & Android. Check out what we’re building here.
Jadu’s mission is for millions of players to discover delightful & vibrant interactions in AR. Players can settle or start rivalries with friends or compete against strangers for fame and glory in this combat game from the future.
Jadu’s close-knit collection of collaborators include seven-time Formula One world champion, Lewis Hamilton; Canadian musician and internet sensation, GRIMES; legendary American rapper, Snoop Dogg and
Producer/Director Michael Bay.
Jadu has gone from releasing AR headset based narratives at the Sundance and Tribeca Film Festivals to building educational AR with Serena Williams to creating a volumetric AR app with artists like Lil Nas X, K Camp & Pussy Riot. The team has 40+ XR projects under its belt and is widely considered pioneers in the AR space with their work being taught at institutions like UC Berkeley, MIT and USC.
Our company is growing, join us.
About Jadu’s CEO & Founder Asad J. Malik:
Asad J. Malik is an augmented reality pioneer. His critically-acclaimed and globally exhibited narrative storytelling projects
A Jester’s Tale
premiered at Tribeca and Sundance Film Festivals, positioning Asad as a visionary in the space before completing his undergraduate degree. Asad was named one of
’s 10 Innovators to Watch,
’s Future 25,
’ 30 Under 30 and
’s Young Influentials and also made
’s Filmmakers to Watch list. He now sits on the Board of Trustees for Bennington College as a recent graduate.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!