As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
- Only applies to full-time positions.
About The Role
We are looking for a
to work on Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery game at Jam City SF. Your role is to contribute to the game team by providing the best in class 3D art and technical support.
This specific role will be environment-focused.
You will be a crucial part of a fast-moving team of artists, animators, and game designers. Collaboratively, you will help define, create and maintain the visual direction of a game title. In production, you will be responsible for creating assets, mentor junior artists in best practices, and assist your lead in identifying development issues and proactively solving them. You must enjoy multiple aspects of the 3d art pipeline and be eager to solve artistic and technical issues.
- In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Perform modeling, texturing and lighting at an exemplary level.
- Bake lighting and setup scenes to be used by designers.
- Create high-quality 3D environment and hard surface assets for current and upcoming games.
- Work with your Art Lead and Art Director in establishing and maintaining the look of a 3D project.
- Collaborate with the design team to identify design requirements and make sure environments adhere to those requirements throughout the creative process.
- Work alongside the concept team to provide feedback and maintain alignment while developing the look and feel of environments.
- Identify and develop pipeline advantages, ensuring that assets are created in the most efficient way possible.
- Interface with Lead Artist, Art Director, Producers, and other project leads on various issues and deadlines.
- Provide constructive professional feedback both internally and with outsourcing partners.
- Identify and solve aesthetic and technical issues in the development process.
- May be called upon to support the tech art team with simple rigging and skinning tasks.
- 5+ years of 3D game experience.
- Must have worked on at least two 3D games from conception to completion.
- Complete mastery of Maya and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Rendering and real-time lighting development awareness.
- Ability to work in a broad range of subjects and styles.
- Firm grasp of both Environment and Character art process.
- Good understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Perfect understanding of composition, color, value, and form as it relates to both classic art and gameplay visuals.
- Must understand 3D pipeline and process as it relates to game development and have experience partnering with other game team disciplines such as engineering and design.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Art Degree or similar working experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience leading a design and/or art team for either iPhone or Android applications.
- Strong 2D concept and illustration skills.
- Scripting experience in Maya (Mel or Python).
- Shader creation experience.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City’s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $81,000K — $141,000K salary per year.
Check Out Life As a Jam Citizen
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
About Jam City
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!