As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
- Only applies to full-time positions.
We are looking for an exceptional
Senior 3D Character Artist
to work on one of our upcoming titles! On these games, you will get to create & work on entertainment’s most iconic characters! Initially, you will team up with concept artists and game designers to help maintain the visual direction of a game title. You are also required to be hands on and work collaboratively with other artists, product managers, designers, and producers. You should be a generalist in nature and willing to wear many hats.
In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent & relevant artwork.
- Create stunningly clean, high quality and efficient 3D characters & other game assets.
- Modeling & texturing and basic rigging.
- Identify and solve product problems related to art.
- Demonstrate creativity & adaptivity to different visual styles.
- Assist in producing other 3D elements and/or other related tasks.
- Provide feedback to junior artist and outsource partners.
- Excellent knowledge in modeling & texturing using Maya.
- Proficient in hand painted textures.
- Ability to match & evolve an established art style.
- Skilled at running a 3D character pipeline and process, and partnering with the animation team.
- Great weight painter.
- Ability to rig characters using auto tools, modify existing character rigs and create simple prop rigs.
- Highly self-motivated and driven.
- Eager problem solverExcellent communication and team skills.
- Art Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working on a 3D mobile game from conception to completion.
- Strong foundation in traditional arts (figure drawing, environment, etc.).
- Shader creation knowledge with a real time engine.
3D, characters, modeling, texturing, visual effects, Lead artist, senior artist, creative, games, production, define, design, art assets, portfolio, sketching, animation, graphic, graphics, maya, unity, adobe, photoshop, shaders, visual direction, iPhone, android, iOS
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City’s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $81,000 — $159,500 salary per year.
Check Out Life As a Jam Citizen
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
About Jam City
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!