Jolt is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 to increase the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of young Latinos in Texas to tell their own stories through creative arts and acts, development institutes, and student leadership.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Jolt’s Artists in Residence Fellowship program supports the creative development of Latino artists in Texas. The fellowship aims to create creative culture-shifting campaigns rooted in the broader cultural experience of the Latinx community of Texas. Jolt’s Artists in Residence program is a collective of artists who pledge to create art that will give shape to a vibrant Latino movement.
Jolt supports artists who are:
- Imaginative, rigorous, and well-executed
- Technically proficient and exhibit a high level of craft
- Compelling and have a distinctive vision and authentic voice
- Connect with and lift up the Latino community
About The Position
Jolt Action seeks a part time Graphic Artist or Illustrator fellow to support the creation of graphics and images for social sharing and other collateral. The Graphic Artist or Illustrator will work with the Digital Content Specialist and report to the Communications Director and have the opportunity to work on several Communications projects from the state’s largest Latino civic engagement organization.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities:
- Create culturally relevant art uplifting and empowering young Latinos in Texas to become civically engaged with a focus on civic education and voter mobilization through Jolt’s core issues.
- Brainstorm with various departments to come up with design and image ideas and deadlines needed to promote Jolt’s initiatives and campaigns
- Design, create, and produce art or illustrations for digital and print materials used for social media, website, animation, and digital platforms
- Draw illustrations for print material such as but not limited to flyers, presentations, shirts, postcards, banners, posters, stickers, publications, etc.
- Organizes graphic materials, drawings, specifications and layouts
- Assist and support Communications team in executing projects
Skills & Abilities
The Communications Fellow must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Experience with Canva, Procreate, Adobe Creative Cloud: PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.
- Proficiency in Google Suites, Email and WordPress
- Experience in advocacy organizations or political campaigns is a plus
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Proven capacity to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience or interest in working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- The Artist in Residence should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Creativity: Must be able to think outside the box to provide innovative and fresh ideas
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining a high standard of excellence
- Lead with Ethical Behavior and Respect: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization, and work independently to solve problems
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!