3D Lead Character Artist
: Anywhere in the UK
We are extensively growing our Global Art Team
The role of Lead Artist is to lead and motivate a team of talented 3D Artists in delivering astounding characters and AAA quality assets. This position entails a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to drive further the development of strong team and for which your artistic, technical and managerial expertise are with great importance. As a
Lead Character Artist
your job is to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate their work in order to ensure that they meet the production objectives in terms of time and quality. In this role you are required to anticipate and find solutions on team and production level in order to deliver stunning visual experience of the project.
- Lead artistic team in development of AAA quality characters and assets
- Participate in the scheduling of his part of the project and maintain planning foresight
- Maintains effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Encourage creativity and participation from all team members
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams
- Achieving the creative vision of the production.
- Maintain close working relationship with your direct manager, producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Raise the bar for the project by demanding high results from self and team members
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation
- Ensure that produced and integrated assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards
- Creating art while following instructions to support creative production processes and is responsible for producing sketches or artwork, and drawing sketches from different angles
- Create concept art to enable the visualisation of characters
- Previous experience of creating art for 3D characters, including the creation of low-poly art, concepting new assets for real-time virtual experiences
- A passion for virtual reality architecture and a proven understanding of what makes virtual reality visually appealing and how this can affect user experience
- Really good self-motivation, self-organisation and a personal commitment to succeed
- Great presentation, influencing and communication skills, so you can explain concepts and user stories with confidence
- Previous experience as a Senior or Lead Artist in the games industry
- Passion for games development and strong game culture
- Experience in the video game industry will be considered an advantage
- Experience in team leadership and management
- Excellent knowledge of 2D & 3D software (3DS Max, Zbrush, with excellent knowledge in Photoshop or other equivalent packages)
- Good knowledge in game engines
- Strong artistic skills
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude
- Problem solving attitude
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent Holiday entitlement plus public holidays
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture
- You get to work with the latest technologies
- You will be working for one of the worlds leading providers of specialist services to the games industry.
Who We Are
PTW is a video games services company which supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes 1518 studios, SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.1518 is our global award-winning art studio.
Welcome to 1518
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!