- Assesses the most efficient methodology per environment brief. Approaches will vary from 2.5D Matte Painting projection setups, through full 3D asset builds
- Provides confident leadership and mentorship to the Environments team
- Provides and acquires photographic reference materials
- Performs tasks related to integrating imagery into shots and preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
- Creates 2D paintings and 3D using photography, practical and digital skills
- Works closely with the VFX Supervisors to ensure high quality work is done smoothly and efficiently
- Provides and receives artistic and technical direction
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience as a Digital Matte Painter or Environment Artist for live action feature and/or television
- Proven team leadership and supervision skills
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Strong understanding of Nuke, 3D environment layout, Maya, and camera projections
- Working knowledge of Mari
- Understanding and application of perspective in the creation of the 2.5D and 3D digital environment
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!