As our new Lead Environment Artist, you will have a proven track record of delivering world-class game art for high quality games.
You will play a key role in driving the quality and vision for environments in our project, being the point of contact and spearheading asset development under the guidance of the Associate Art Director.
You will oversee and manage a team of talented artists. Sharing expert production knowledge, you will drive the team to produce a wide range of exceptional 3D environments.
You are a meticulous, well organised leader with a strong hands-on background, with a keen interest in mentoring artists.
- Collaborate with the Art Directors to define the visual quality goals for 3D environments
- Set benchmarks and lead a team in the creation of impressive environment art
- Work with Technical Artists to create, improve, and maintain pipelines, shepherding assets efficiently through our development
- Collaborate with production to manage team deliverables, helping to ensure schedules are met
- Set budgets and document workflows, empowering other Artists to deliver impressive environment assets
- Mentor, manage and inspire a talented team of Artists
- Ensure assets and environments conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements of the project
- Set budgets and document workflows, empowering other Artists to deliver inspiring environment art
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation
- Extensive experience in 3D environment asset creation
- 6+ years professional experience as an Artist in the games industry
- 2+ years as a Lead Environment Artist in the games industry
- Expert experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent
- Expert experience with texture creation/authoring tools such as Substance
- A strong understanding of art fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Our Global Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials — office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
If you’re based in the UK
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays – we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days – 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance – full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan – Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave – Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme – lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging – electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!