Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US and Canada.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that’s collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive. We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Lead Technical Artist who’s passionate about crafting groundbreaking experiences for fellow gamers. Awesome art makes for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the team’s velocity and the quality of their work through improvements to the internal tools and content pipelines.
- Working closely with engineering to establish content budgets, profile performance, build optimization strategies, and address performance issues as needed.
- Troubleshoot and optimize technical issues related to 3D assets, animation, and VFX.
- Assisting the content teams with content integration, technical setups, and bug fixing.
- Creating, maintaining, and optimizing shaders for Unreal.
- Leading efforts around establishing folder structure standards, naming conventions, and depot cleanup.
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect.
- A love for playing and making shooters
- Experience with Unreal 4 or 5 on a shipped commercial game
- Experience creating performant runtime shaders for Unreal or similar game engines
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Technical Artist, Technical Director, or equivalent, for PC or console games
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Expert in best practices related to folder structures and naming conventions
- Passion for creating amazing DCC tools, engine tools, and content pipelines
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute to many different areas of development outside of tech art
- Expert-level knowledge of Maya and/or Blender
- In-depth knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Photoshop
- Experience with console development, and optimizations
- Background in content creation as an 3D artist or animator
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- 8 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote-work Friendly
- Specific perks (benefits) are applicable to regular, full-time employees only (benefits are not applicable to contractors). Benefits are determined by country of residency and are in compliance with local, state, and country regulations.*
$95,000 – $165,000 a year
The estimated salary range for this role is $95,000 – $165,000 USD plus equity.
Individual salary and equity packages are determined based on location, level, relevant education, training, qualifications, and/ or experience.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!