Looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the Air Force?
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable solutions. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Leidos is in search of a multi-talented
Unreal Technical Artist
to join our immersive development studio in creating “cutting edge” Virtual Reality (VR) and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. This is for a future vacancy. Our client is a visionary leader that is bringing VR and digital training to the forefront of Air Force technical and specialty training for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) analyst and operators around the world. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your passion for gaming to create the Defense industries most stunning photorealistic digital art for the U.S. Air Force.
Unreal Technical Artist
, you will ensure the technology, tools, and processes in place to execute the creative vision of a project. You will support a digital art team focused on photorealistic Military environments, multiplayer VR, virtual characters for both PC and VR. This is a unique opportunity where your knowledge and expertise will enhance our team’s capabilities each day while also serving as a subject matter expert in techniques, methods, and best practices utilized in the games industry and the Unreal Engine. We are searching for motivated individuals that thrive at solving complex problems, enjoy building technical expertise, and brings a positive/collaborative attitude. Our team is focused on creating the Defense industries most immersive and comprehensive virtual simulation training. Projects include building “digital twins” of military aircraft, vehicles, military hardware, weapon systems and replicating physical environments such as buildings, runways, and military bases. To explore samples of past projects, click https://youtu.be/z6KEm13plU0
Leidos Defense Group
provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, and scalable, defect free digital art and Unreal scripts. Support the 3D Art Lead with driving best practices and promoting design standards built on our current VR capabilities, all while exploring new methods to incorporate within UE4/UE5.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and continuous improvement. We desire our Technical Artist to be a well-rounded “generalist” with
levels of experience and understanding of dynamic lighting, level building, procedural creation, VFX, scripts, optimization, animation, and prototyping.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 6+ years of direct experience with Unreal Engine in either the video game industry, architecture, defense contracting, film, or simulations. **Online portfolio showcasing experience, projects, or interests is highly desired. **
- Desired experience creating 3D digital art on at least 1 game title as a production artist or experience creating virtual training as a defense contractor.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the Unreal Engine with heavy emphasis on Blueprints, Materials, Lighting, Animation, Niagara, Sequencer, and more.
- Ability to collaborate and drive best practices for real-time asset optimization, promoting efficient workflows, and offering innovative tech solutions to maintain quality while maximizing performance.
- Experience establishing and managing memory and performance of digital assets.
- Experience facilitating the development or implementation of production techniques or best practices to automate development pipeline or processes.
- Experience on best methodology to synthesize performance in VR applications.
- Strong experience with PBR techniques using Substance Suite (Painter, Alchemist, Designer, Source).
- Experience creating Maya character rigs, wire controllers and GUI pickers for seamless export into Unreal.
- Understanding of writing custom Maya tools and scripts using Python and/or MEL.
- Desire to teach others and learn new techniques in the Unreal Engine.
- Direct working experience utilizing source control methodologies of Perforce and task management workflows via JIRA.
- Experience importing photogrammetry into art pipeline is a plus.
- Motivated, self-directed, personable, strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic that strives for continuous process improvement and production efficiency.
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment in a 100% teleworking environment.
- Ability to obtain security clearance (requires US citizenship).
Pay Range $59,150.00 – $91,000.00 – $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!