2D Motion Graphics Animator/Designer
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for an experienced UI 2D artist and motion graphics designer to work on an exciting new mobile game. In this position, you will have a role as an integral interface design team member creating the 2D animated art (and help with non animated art as well) for the UI designs and screens for our game. You will help create the artistic vision (with the Art Director and Interface Team), create style guides, animations, visual effects and other visual elements and language needed within the animated elements of the game front end and in game interfaces. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and will have several years of experience designing and creating visually rich animated content for mobile game experiences.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working in the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and other UI/UX tools or 2D animation tools. Experience working in and implementing UI art in the Unity Game engine is also highly desired. You should have amazing art skills at creating 2D stylized art, animation and other strong art skills for 2D and animated 2D graphics as well as some understanding of 3D UI creation, 2D visual effects and design.
Responsibilities. What You’ll Do
- Work with the lead artist to develop, explore and create animated user interfaces and develop icons, buttons, frames and panels etc for mobile games.
- Assist the UI Art team to help create some non animated UI interface components.
- Ability to create or help oversee the creation of 2D animated characters and other interface components.
- Create user interface concepts and motion graphics to demonstrate transitions and interactions as well as execute them within the game engine.
- Strong understanding of color, typography, iconography and other related design topics and ability to create them.
- VERY strong sense of quality and ability to create extremely high quality and highly polished art.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a great sense of the iteration needed to reach the required polish levels while dealing with change.
- Explore and assemble visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game.
- Should have an in-depth understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems
- Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
- Collaborate closely with the designer to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Detach yourself from personal tastes to approach and problem solve from the players perspective.
- Always thinking about how we can do better.
- Thinking of localization and accessibility needs and including those into the creation process
Requirements. Who You Are And What You’ve Done
- Successful work experience as a Game UI artist and 2D Motion Graphics designer at least for 5+ years
- Diverse Game UI style portfolio from casual friendly games through to mature titles. (Experience in the Adobe graphics suite essential) XD, Figma, other similar software
- Great sense of animation, 2D effects, 2D character animation and all aspects of motion graphic design needed for game interfaces.
- Great illustration skills to develop the UI from freehand sketch to accurate vectors.
- Clear consideration of color theory, shape, scale, form, silhouette.
- Attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
- Fastidious attention to detail in order to push the visual and technical barriers further.
- Knowledge of Unity game engine is a plus
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions.
Nice To Have. What An Ideal Candidate Looks Like
- UI work on 2+ AA/A Mobile game titles.
- Motion Graphics Background on multiple titles or projects.
- You can create great high quality motion graphics
- Ability to create 3D interface elements
- Visual Illustration experience
- Experience with building materials/shaders in Unity
- Experience in 3D Software such as (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender)
- Understanding of UX and what makes for a great Interface design.
- You’ve contributed to UI art pipelines and best practices
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you’d like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
- $55.00 – $87.00 per hour, depending on skill set and years of experience.
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to
@limitbreak.com to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!