LMI is seeking a skilled 3D Generalist – Unreal Engine Technical Artist. Successful Technical Artist will demonstrate competency working with a creative team responsible for visualization projects from end-to-end. You won’t simply be exercising one or two skills, you will be part of the entire workflow ( From s toryboarding to rapid iteration, t hrough final del iverable ) while providing broad-brush creative content and inputs. You will work directly with the Dynamic Media Lead & other Visual Effects team members to facilitate production of dynamic and exciting photorealistic stills and video content designed to explain technical events occurring in the terrestrial, maritime, and space domains. Main responsibilities are creating ultra photo-realistic cinematic scenes and landscapes, interactive augmented reality applications, completing work as required by the Dynamic Media Lead. Ensuring storyline’s technical accuracy, detail orientation, delivering timely work, fluency with relevant software and a curiosity about future tech and software.
We are NOT looking for Character Artists, this is a 3D Generalist/ Technical Unreal Artist position.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Create cinematic photorealistic, large-scale environments and layouts in Unreal from scratch.
- Demonstrate proficiencies of high-poly 3D Modeling, Editing, Texturing, and UV
- Assist in lighting, rendering, compositing and editing of final images & animations.
- Create interactive and augmented reality applications.
- Discuss project needs and timelines with other team members and leadership.
- Maintain high quality standards throughout the process.
- Accurately and realistically predict expected time to complete a project.
- Ensure production deadlines and quality control are achieved.
- Experience in and understanding of a professional 3D visualization & fx pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 and relevant 3D software & photorealistic cinematic rendering.
- Experience with Hard Surface Modeling, UV mapping, Textures, Materials, Camera Animation, Rigging, and optimizing workflows for render management.
- Cutting-edge technology mindset and willingness to continually learn, adjust, and apply new technologies and techniques to meet company requirements and timelines.
- Able to work constructively and flexibly for rapid iteration in a team environment.
- Able to self-assess and take constructive criticism and adjust to new tech and methods.
- Recent Reel & Portfolio that demonstrates professional skills and abilities.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Scene Assembly
- Environmental Design (Terrain, lighting, atmosphere etc.)
- Animation & Sequencing
- Texturing/UV Mapping (PBR materials)
- Hard-Surface Modeling & Editing, some Organic Modeling, and Mechanical Rigging
- Unreal Engine
Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Secret Clearance
- Blueprint familiarity
- Scripting: C++ and/or Python
- Interactive Design
Target salary range: $83,000 – $145,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to your skills, experience, education, and/or certifications.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!