Avakin Life is one of the Worlds largest and most populous metaverses, providing a full and immersive 3D life simulation experience for our millions of players. We are looking for an awesome senior technical artist who has a solid background within mobile app/game development and experience of art pipelines, workflows and build processes. The role will involve working with our content, build and engineering teams, and maintaining/improving/reimagining our existing processes, pipelines and tooling.
With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re passionate about shaping the future of online communities and products, then this role could be for you! We are able to offer this position as a fully remote role however please note, semi-regular attendance in our UK (Nottingham or Cambridge) or Portugal (Lisbon) offices may be required.
- Collaborate with Leads and the Product team to help plan and schedule tasks with product releases.
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions in existing and new features / functionality.
- Work alongside content teams to refine existing, and develop new pipelines and tooling for effective creation of content.
- Work closely with various teams throughout Lockwood to support existing processes and plan out improvements as needed.
- Promote and adhere to best-practice with regards to art workflows; and continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues.
- Provide expert insight with our QA teams to identify and fix content issues in a timely manner.
- Significant technical art experience developing games, mobile applications or similar products.
- Experience of shipping at least one game or mobile application
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues from both programming and non-programming disciplines
- Experience in working with art pipelines (Low Poly): environment, character, animations.
- Experience with shaders across mobile and desktop platforms (Unity shader).
- Knowledge of build systems/CI and maintaining/implementing build pipelines
- Eliciting requirements from non-technical stakeholders e.g. content, product owners.
- Desirables: Unity3D, C#, C++, Python & MEL, Experience working on a live product, Experience with Jenkins, and Git / Perforce / SVN.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!