: Character Artist
: Liverpool or Remote (UK)
We’re looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join our development team, working alongside Rare. You will be creating interesting, diverse characters and character assets and implement established benchmarks & workflows for in-game character models. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious artist to further their career at one of the UK’s largest independent games studios working on world class games and cutting edge technology.
You have the skill and attention to detail to capture a character’s history, style and personality in your sculpts. You know what it takes to create vivid characters that still meet the needs of game design and animation. You can sculpt from reference materials, blueprints, concept art and photo-bash material. You can analyse and implement diverse level of stylisation into your work.
You will work closely with our Art Director, Designers, Tech Artists and Animators to set visual and technical benchmarks for in-game characters. You’ll be actively involved with outsource specifications for characters and outfits and maintain a high quality standard.
- A high level of proficiency at sculpting, modelling, UV layout and texturing of characters
- Experience working with technologies such as ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop and Painter
- Experience in creating clean topology for character surface deformation
- Documentation skills and the ability to communicate your processes to others
- An understanding of how human characters express themselves through their physicality, clothing, expression and personal style
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Experience with Maya and LOD / retopologising process.
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of ingame art
- Experience in Substance Painter or similar tools for creating ingame PBR materials
- Expertise working on and developing in engine shaders
- Experience in Unreal 4 Editor
- An understanding of historical and contemporary fashion and style
- A keen interest for Stylised character art.
The interview process for the Character Artist role is made up of 3 stages:
- First interview (45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with members of our Art team. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Art Test – Art test sent by the recruitment team and reviewed by the hiring team.
- Final interview (30 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Production Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!