Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote (UK)
We have an amazing opportunity for an Environment Artist to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of the biggest and most exciting projects in development. The ideal candidate will have some experience as an Artist in a games studio and a passion for creating high quality assets.
- Work closely with the environment art and level design teams to create impactful, vibrant and engaging levels
- Create high quality models and materials, including modular kits and trim sheets
- Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game
Work closely with the development team and help set artistic standards
- Experience creating and modifying level art using existing assets working from a design whitebox
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Experience in Maya (or equivalent)
- Experience in ZBrush (or equivalent) and sculpting workflows
- Experience working in a games studio as an Artist
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to suggest creative solutions
Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
Nice To Have
- Experience in Substance Painter, Substance Designer or similar tools for creating in game PBR materials
- Experience working with modular workflows, creating modular assets, trim sheets
- Understanding of FX creation
- Some understanding of the end-to-end 3D pipelines
- A good eye for form, shape, structure, colour, and light
Understanding of UE4 and/or UE5
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
The interview process for the Environment Artist roles is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (30 – 45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with our Lead Artist and Associate Art Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
Final interview (45 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Art Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!