As a Solution 3D Content Artist in the Ecosystem prototyping group, you will create content for enterprise solutions that run on Magic Leap 2. This content will showcase the value of the associated solution and demonstrate the advantages of Magic Leap’s AR computing devices running said solution. The content will be part of internal and external demos, pre-sales efforts, and quantitative studies. These content creation efforts also affords the Ecosystem prototyping group an opportunity to collect and share first-hand experience using solutions from ISV partners. Through this feedback the Ecosystem Solution 3D Content Artist can influence the feature roadmaps for the Magic Leap platform and partner solutions.
In this role, you will build content quickly and in a collaborative, iterative fashion. Stakeholders within the ecosystem and commercial teams will partner with you to define deliverables and acceptance criteria. The ideal candidate has 1-3+ years of experience developing and shipping software, or multi-media content in the XR and/or the gaming industries. In addition, we’re seeking individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, embrace technical and conceptual constraints, and tirelessly search for innovative solutions.
- Create and when needed source content to demonstrate the value of enterprise solutions that run on Magic Leap 2. Content types include but not limited to:
- 3D Models (static, animated)
- Digital photos
- Videos (standard, immersive)
- Interactive scripts (Java, C#, lua, etc.)
- Copy (expository, on-screen, voice-over)
- UI and Interactive elements
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the ecosystem and commercial teams to establish content requirements and deliverables
- Document project source files so that it can be repurposed for use with other solutions or scenarios
- Draft detailed walkthroughs of interactive experiences from the users perspective for planning and other production purposes
- Test new solutions, try new features in established solutions, and report findings
- Maintain content functionality — keep experiences up to date with solution and OS updates
- Work with QA and partner contacts to resolve bugs as needed
- Flexibility to work outside your job scope, work as a team and support fellow teammates
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Understand the Magic Leap software development platform, including being able to reproduce platform issues and help solve them together with internal support teams.
- Support Magic Leap at trade shows and conferences
- 1 to 3+ years of app, or multimedia content development experience with 1-2+ years doing immersive (AR / VR / MR) development. Wearable AR experience a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills and the ability to clearly document content for future maintenance and updates to be possibly done by other teammates
- Fundamental understanding of the principles of effective UX, graphic design, copywriting, image creation, and audio production
- Experience creating, editing, and optimizing 3D assets an extremely strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Product, Legal, Business Development.
- Attention to detail, and commitment to quality control
- Tests work thoroughly, ready to write and submit bugs to the appropriate parties
- Takes direction and comfortable asking for clarification, ready to propose alternate solutions that meet requirements
- Excellent proactive communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in working with JIRA Project Tracking is a plus
- Highly collaborative and able to embrace ambiguity and experimental approach
- The inclination to improve one’s skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning
- At ease setting projects aside, beginning new ones, or resuming dormant efforts as needed
- An understanding or knowledge of key technical concepts unique to XR
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work-experience in related field (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!