Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse™, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Environment Artist to help us bring our 3d environments to life with beautiful stylized assets, flexible modular tile sets and materials, that will empower our creators to build the most amazing experiences. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets.
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines through Substance Designer for use in a game engine.
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques.
- Use your artistic eye to build vibrant game worlds.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in game development as an artist specializing in AAA modeling using Maya or 3DS Max/Blender, Photoshop, Zbrush.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Demonstrate proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques.
- Strong low poly modeling and deep understanding of optimized UVs creation.
- Mastery of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Experience in creating stylized visual designs.
- Experience working with Substance Painter and Designer.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience optimizing assets for mobile.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a prop or an environment artist.
- Fluency in NFTs and Metaverse.
$75,000/year to $110,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!