3D Art Generalist, VR Art Team Responsibilities:
- Direct and collaborate with a team of artists, technical artists, and vendors to build out high-end mobile VR environments and products.
- Demonstrates broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Manage external vendors and provide feedback on externally developed projects.
- Responsible for outlining asset authoring guidelines, process and pipeline as needed.
- Work with engineers and technical artists to inform asset creation pipelines.
- Work closely with engineers to implement interactive objects and systems.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional peers.
- Collaborate and iterate based on the team’s needs.
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop prototypes and polished content.
- Regularly provide peers and external partners with artistic feedback.
- Create documentation and guides for internal and external teams in partnership with team leads.
- 4+ years of experience as a 3D game development artist, including shipping two or more titles.
- Experience in a wide range of artistic styles, with an emphasis on realistic art
- Have an experience in understanding of environmental concept art, and industry standards
- Proven knowledge of modern optimization techniques for asset creation, texturing and material construction, and scene assembly.
- Knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques relating to environmental design.
- Communication skills for working across multiple disciplines.
- Experience thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers.
- Experience with either Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of DCC packages like Maya, Substance, Houdini, ZBrush, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive & works well under deadlines.
- Solid knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems.
- Virtual reality experience
- Experience as an artist in charge of significant aspect of visual development
- AAA experience on high end or mobile titles
- Experience working in a variety of visual styles
- Experience with incorporating Matte Painting into environments
- Solid knowledge of scene lighting, light’s reaction to various surfaces and scene composition
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!