3D Character Artist, Avatars Responsibilities:
- Sculpt stylized Character models
- Champion the highest quality and fidelity of Avatars, while partnering with engineering to fit within performance constraints of real time targets
- Build and document templates and best practices that scale to the variety of Avatars supported, with an emphasis on stability and performance
- Define LOD workflows and setups that allow Avatars to retain their unique look and creative intent across various render targets and platforms
- Knowledge of human anatomy, and demonstrated experience of applying it to stylized characters
- 5+ years experience with modeling for games or film
- Experience in modeling characters in a range of styles, and working within the constraints of each
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya, ZBrush etc.
- Demonstrated experience with levels of detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates hero character work
- Experience influencing and collaborating with Engineering teams
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills
- Experience working with realtime rendering engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Experience providing creative direction to other Artists
- Experience with avatar/character customization and creation pipelines
- Past work documenting guidelines/procedures for outsourcing
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!