Art Director Responsibilities:
- Maintain a unified artistic direction, vision, and high production standard in the creation of avatar based experiences across screens and VR
- Push the boundaries of how characters and humans are represented in digital form
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, models, style guides, sketches, storyboards and project pitches which define and convey your artistic vision
- Communicate art direction goals at an executive level with both internal and external partners
- Manage expectations for key stakeholders across RL regarding the execution of quality AR/VR character based experiences and content
- Partner with the management team to create project pitches and actionable production plans.
- Regularly meet with art leads to define art quality standards
- Provide Inspiration to art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines
- Responsible for the creation of style guides, documentation and related materials for internal and external teams.
- Actively participate in hiring, training, development & resourcing.
- Responsible for quality of published materials depicting our flagship character products
- Shipping 2-5 AAA products with character focus, as an Art Director
- Experience rendering (and related lighting, surfacing) skills via DCC
- Hands on experience with 3D workflows as a generalist, character artist, or Art Director
- 3D portfolio demonstrating an understanding of anatomy and the human form
- Examples of stylized character work
- Experience leading a team and collaborating with senior and executive level leadership teams.
- Demonstrated decision making & communication skills.
- Experience working under performance constraints and driving successful visual compromises.
- Experience and knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines.
- AR/VR experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Experience creating character creation pipelines and flows
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!