Join a Remote-First Studio and Shape Immersive Experiences! Seeking Head of Creative Design!
Are you passionate about creating immersive experiences using the latest technology? This cutting-edge studio, specializing in Unreal, is pushing the boundaries of games and entertainment with proprietary and high-profile collaboration projects. As a remote-first studio, now is the perfect time to join this rapidly expanding developer.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Procedural Level Artist to join our internal IP development team. As the Lead Procedural Level Artist, you will be responsible for creating visually stunning and immersive game environments using procedural generation techniques.
Please note: This studio cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Lead the procedural level art and design processes for a new IP. Being responsible for aligning the visual style with the projects unique vision.
- Collaborate with game designers and engineers to develop and refine procedural generation systems and tools that meet the creative vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Create visually compelling and cohesive game environments using procedural techniques, ensuring high levels of quality and performance.
- Working with the Head of Art, maintain and improve the artistic direction, style guide, and documentation for procedural level generation.
- Work closely with the Head of Art to align the procedural levels with the overall artistic vision of the game.
- Collaborate with the technical art team to optimize procedural systems and workflows, ensuring efficient asset creation and integration.
- Provide constructive feedback and review the work of the art team to maintain consistency, quality, and adherence to project requirements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, tools, and techniques related to procedural generation and level design, and share knowledge with the team.
- Actively participate in cross-disciplinary discussions and provide creative solutions to challenges raised with anything related to the world vision.
- Collaborate with other leads to plan and prioritize tasks, manage resources, and ensure project milestones and deadlines are met
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a 3D artist or level artist, with a focus on procedural level generation.
- Strong proficiency in procedural generation techniques and tools such as Houdini and unreal 4 & 5 toolsets.
- Excellent understanding of game development pipelines and workflows, particularly in relation to procedural level art.
- Strong knowledge of level design principles, composition, lighting, and colour theory.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender, and the ability to quickly learn new tools and software.
- Solid understanding of rendering constraints and optimization techniques for game environments.
- A portfolio demonstrating outstanding artistic and technical skills in procedural level generation, showcasing a range of environments and styles.
For a confidential chat or to apply, reach out to Tom Winter: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0117 284 0422 | wwwwww.mustardjobs.co.uk
Tom leads mustard’s Gaming recruitment desk focusing on all things Art, Animation and Design, working closely with Indie and AAA studios to find the best talent in the UK’s ever-growing Games Industry.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!