Along with its many creative partnerships, NetEase is expanding its portfolio of studios, including Bad Brain Game Studios, Jackalyptic Games, Jar of Sparks, and Quantic Dream.
Who We Are:
We are a new gaming studio that is part of the NetEase games family. You will join a formative team that is creating a new, innovative game title and you will have the rare opportunity to participate in the development of the title from concept to release. With a new studio recently announced in Barcelona in addition to the full complement of remote work options, you will have the opportunity to do the best work of your career in a supportive and dynamic work environment.
We’re looking for an Art Director to help us build the future of mind-blowing video game entertainment for a new, innovative 3D action title.
If you have a passion for exploring and establishing strong art direction and communicating it well to the team to ensure consistency across the game, then we’d love for you to work with us in building an incredible new game world together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Game Director to develop the visual direction and art style of the game
- Work hands-on to create 2D & 3D concepts
- Communicate the art style across each area of the game including environments, characters, weapons, objects, and vfx
- Provide feedback to each artist on the team through the use of concept art, reference art, 3D mockups, and paint-overs to ensure a consistent visual style across the game, and the highest level of quality
- Identify opportunities for technical advancements and improvements in rendering, tools, and pipeline efficiency
- Work to mentor each individual member of your team to ensure a healthy working environment, career advancement, and opportunities for growth
- Build morale and inspire the team to create something incredible together
- Proficiency in working across a variety of stylized art styles
- Previous experience as an Art Director with at least one shipped AA or AAA title
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing environment, character, and event concepts
- Proficient in both 2D and 3D art concept creation, to the highest levels of quality
- Broad knowledge and experience in multiple art disciplines including concept, modeling, environments, characters, lighting, VFX and UI/UX
- Able to communicate direction clearly, provide effective critiques, and receive feedback
- A startup mentality of flexibility and pro-active problem solving as we work together to determine the best way forward!
Relocation to Barcelona is preferred, but remote work within the EU is an available as well.
Come with us on an epic adventure!
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!