About the Role:
The Principal 3D Artist will be responsible for leading the 3D Art effort for a AAA game. Joining us in the early stages of production, they will have the opportunity to help us define the game’s visual identity.
They will work closely with the project’s Art Director, as well as our other artists (concept artists, level artists, etc.) and level designers. Their expertise in 3D art will be necessary to develop our art pipeline, and deliver best in class art assets.
The ideal candidate will understand that great games are made by great teams, and they will be expected to grow our 3D art team and foster a collaborative work environment.
Toronto, ON or Montreal, QC
- Collaborate with the Art Director to define the game’s visual identity and establishing a coherent visual style for environments, characters and props.
- Create and integrate props and textures in the game.
- Review 3D artists work and, in collaboration with the Art Director, define our quality expectations.
- Interact with and review art outsourcers work and provide insightful feedback to meet our quality standards.
- Ensure quality expectations are met throughout the different production phases.
- Work closely with level artists, level designers and concept artists to deliver stunning in-game visuals.
- Contribute to building and mentoring the 3D art team.
- Assist producers in planning the 3D art work, in the short and long terms.
- Support team with asset pipeline where needed.
- 10 years of experience working in video game art, specifically for AAA games.
- Excellent skills in 3D modeling using tools such as 3DS Max, Maya or Blender.
- Excellent skills in 3D sculpting using tools such as Zbrush.
- Excellent skills in texturing using tools such as Photoshop or Substance.
- Experience designing, setting up and maintaining art asset integration pipeline.
- Great knowledge of core artistic skills such as composition, color theory, perspective and lighting.
- Great knowledge and experience developing architecture, characters and props.
- Experience creating and applying materials/shaders is a strong plus.
- Experience in leading art teams, building trust and driving results.
- Experience working with art outsourcers.
- Understanding of video game production phases.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Having good drawing skills is a plus.
Qualities Needed to Thrive in this Role:
- Ability to communicate efficiently, with an emphasize in maintaining positive interaction with the rest of the team.
- Ability to self-organize and organize others autonomously.
- Ability to cooperate and construct positive relationships with directors and other principals.
- Ability to communicate ideas to others with simplicity and logic.
- Ability to prepare, present and document material for others is a plus.
More About NetEase Games
NetEase Games is one of the largest game developers worldwide by size and revenue. Over the years, NetEase Games has been focusing on developing high quality content and providing the best experience for gamers all around the world. So far, the company has more than 100 games in operation. Its recent games include Naraka: Bladepoint, Knives Out, Onmyoji, Identity V, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, etc.
Along with its many creative partnerships, NetEase is expanding its portfolio of studios, including Jackalope Games, Jar of Sparks, and Quantic Dream.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!