Along with its many creative partnerships, NetEase is expanding its portfolio of studios, including Bad Brain Game Studios, Jackalyptic Games, Jar of Sparks, and Quantic Dream.
We’re searching for an Environment Artist to help bring to life a new world and Studio being lead by a Veteran Game Designer that will push the boundaries of what the FPS Genre can be.
Create production ready, highly performant art assets for use in the Unreal Engine tools. You will:
- Work closely with Creative Director to translate the games vision to practical and believable play spaces that are performant.
- Work with level designers to transform “grey boxes” into believable space that are representative of the creative intent, but also protect the intended gameplay.
- Work with concept artists and the Art Director to create, execute, and iterate from paint-overs.
- Create 3D models, materials, and textures.
- Significantly contribute to the studio’s art best-practices and guidelines
- Have 3 years or more of experience as an environment artist.
- Have shipped at least 1 AAA Unreal Engine game
- Proficiency in software such as 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, or equivalent 3D modeling tools, as well as knowledge of texturing software
- Experience working with external outsourced and purchased assets.
For this position, we are hiring environment artists on talent and cultural fit first and foremost, but extra points for:
- Excellent understanding of how to use art as design clues (e.g. player pathing)
Please come work with us if any of this sounds exciting to you:
- You want to define the v1 art pipeline used for making our games
- You love the idea of using the environment to as a tool to tell the game’s story
- Believe that success is achieved not just when things play well or look good, but when a game can do both seamlessly
- Want to save your talents for the important stuff, and don’t mind using assets libraries for everything else
- Good with wearing a few more hats and getting your hands dirty – at least for now.
- Want to work from (almost) anywhere in the world –including your own home
Salary Ranges (USD):
- Staff Level: $70,000 – $110,000
- Senior Level: $115,000 – $155,000
Disclaimer: Position Leveling to be based on candidate experience and qualifications. Salary Range to be based on qualifications and local cost-of-labor.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so even if you think you are under-qualified, let us decide by showing us your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!