We are reimagining early childhood learning and development, starting with 4 – 6 year olds, by helping parents teach their children life skills through play-based, co-op learning experiences involving animated stories, games, and off-app activities. Our primary goal is to strengthen parents’ relationship with their children through these fun, bonding activities in order to fulfill our vision:
“To better equip the next generation of global citizens to contribute their unique value to a rapidly changing world and become the most capable, caring, and connected kids possible.”
We help parents facilitate learning by providing them structured tips to encourage and reinforce their childrens’ life skills development. We define life skills as the essential skills that every child must learn to realize their potential and find personal fulfillment in their lifetime. They are a synthesis of 21st century skills, social emotional skills, and practical skills, many of which are not taught in schools to the extent necessary for success in the future of work and life (e.g. critical thinking, health and fitness, financial literacy, collaboration, self regulation, how to learn, etc.).
Parenting education is woven into the experience to help parents grow.
Nurture team and culture
Our team consists of successful entrepreneurs who are multi-disciplinary domain experts across early childhood education / development, story telling, game design, learning experience design, neuroscience, behavioral economics, and parenting.
We are a remote first company with no HQ. Our creative and fun culture cultivates an excellent working environment for colleagues to do their best work, both individually and as a team.
Join a small team that is creating an entirely new product category from scratch. If you have a true entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about helping children reach their potential, Nurture is perfect for you. We are looking for someone who is highly ambitious, values autonomy, and is willing to work hard to achieve great things.
The Senior 3D Artist will report to the Nurture’s Chief Design Officer. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating imaginative 3D characters, props and environments for the Nurture experience. They will also potentially be working with studios to create art assets as well.
We will require you to share with us your portfolio of 3D work.
- Oversee production of 3D assets and realize concepts end-to-end, from early ideation to production
- Work collaboratively with your creative partners to align in-game visuals with art direction and aesthetic objectives
- Model various 3D assets, ranging from characters to props, cosmetics to environmental assets
- Model and light environments to translate concept art to production
- Complete 3D art on schedule with project milestones
- 4+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist or any other similar position in the animation or game industry
- Strong aesthetic sensibility in texture design and color theory
- Ability to iterate rapidly on early assets
- Comfort collaborating with others, giving and receiving candid feedback
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- BONUS: Experience with developing games for children
- BONUS: Is a parent or engages frequently with children
- Remote first with flexible leave policy
- Building from scratch with high level of autonomy
- Supportive and empowering culture
- Company and leadership offsites in cool locations around the world
- Training and personal development as needed
- Healthcare benefits
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!