Art Director – Armature Studio Responsibilities:
- Work with the Creative Director and external stakeholders to define the visual style for the game, and oversee its implementation on a daily basis
- Create Concept Art (2D or 3D) to guide artists on your team and external teams
- Oversee production of concept work to provide visual guides for environments, characters, props, UI, FX, screen effects, etc.
- Work with the Lead Artist to create functional, in-engine working examples of the art style, to define best practices and the production pipeline for the game
- Work with the Technical Art Lead in translating visual concept goals into performant content on the target hardware
- Manage daily oversight and approval of the art team, to ensure all art adheres to the designed style and goals
- Share and communicate art processes and stylistic choices, to a variety of audiences including internal and external teams and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and other industry leaders in Visual Direction
- Proactively identify important Visual Direction problems and bring solutions
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience creating concepts for art teams in a variety of styles ranging from realistic to stylized designs
- Experience providing critical analysis and feedback of in-game art, balancing game design goals with aesthetic and technical targets
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an Art Director
- Extensive experience and skill in all aspects of digital art (modeling, texturing, shaders, lighting)
- Extensive experience in 3D & 2D software packages (including Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and ZBrush)
- Experience designing visually for VR worlds, characters etc.
- Experience working with outsourcing teams on a large scale project
- Experience optimizing 3D artwork to support multiple platforms
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a real-time production environment
- Expertise in general compositing principles
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!