Join Parexel’s Medical Communications full service agency of changemakers as we help advance healthcare throughout the globe, all while keeping the patient at the heart of everything we do.
The Senior Program Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day project management of assigned programs, particularly complex or multidisciplinary programs (eg, publications programs and major congresses), working closely with all members of the delivery team across departments. In addition, they will also work closely with the Functional Managers to identify and share “Best Practices” in terms of project delivery—effective team communication, efficient working processes etc.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Demonstrated ability to deliver projects to completion on time and within budget
• Demonstrated ability to lead the team to success
• Has experience managing 2-3 million dollar accounts
• Is a Team player with strong negotiation and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Project management expertise and the ability to define and refine processes
• Proactive approach
• Ability to relate to key client personnel and faculty in a professional fashion
• Competent in the use of Word (Advanced), PowerPoint (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), and Outlook and a sound knowledge of databases (e.g. Access)
• General knowledge of EACCME/ACCME/FDA/AMA and publications guidelines
• Proficient use of English language
• Oncology Publications is highly desireable
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 4-5 years or project management and 4-5 years related experience in a MedCom agency setting is required
• A good understanding of, and experience in, the medical communications business managing client projects, preferably with experience of working across a variety of functions
• This position requires a willingness to travel to meetings etc. as needed.
Project Planning and Delivery
• Confirm project/program requirements with client/Account Manager or Account Director/Scientific Services /Editorial Services /Meeting Services; participate in scope definition
• Define staffing requirements and raise issues relating to staffing levels as appropriate
• Create project plan and delivery schedule including project metrics and risk management and communications plans
• Establish team roles and responsibilities in conjunction with Account Manager or Account Director/Scientific Services/Editorial Services/Meeting Services
• Support Account Manager or Account Director in establishing client approval processes
• Support Functional Managers in establishing project/program processes
• Undertake program/project scheduling
• Initiate program/project kick-off meetings
• Undertake the project management of assigned program/projects according to agreed internal and client processes
• Maintain detailed awareness of program/project status in order to respond appropriately to client/faculty/internal questions
• Serve as key internal and external point of contact regarding program/project status ensuring proactive communication of program/project status with client, faculty, and internal team
• Ensure program/project is aligned with product strategy and messages as appropriate through liaison with and involvement of Account Manager or Account Director and functional areas as needed
• Lead cross-functional program/project team meetings:
o Lead and facilitate project kick-off meetings
o Follow-up with project team to ensure action items are completed and programs/projects are on target, providing support as required
• Identify issues and problems and recommend solutions internally and to clients; promote significant opportunities for improvement to management
• Ensure project budget and delivery timing is achieved
• Review project reports ensuring quality and accuracy of information; address exceptions as needed
• Identify change in scope issues, assess cost implications and frame issues for Account and Functional Management
• Communicate issues to Functional Management
• Work closely with Account Manager or Account Director to review and challenge team delivery processes, identifying and sharing Best Practices to improve quality of service and overall efficiencies
• Support Account Manager/Account Director/Business Development in proposal development as required, particularly in relation to:
o Program components and specification
o Implementation process
• Where requested provide input to the budgeting process, liaising with all relevant parties to help create an appropriate client budget
• Undertake financial tracking, monitoring budget status for assigned projects, raising variances as appropriate and advising management regarding status
• Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in Business or life sciences
Why join us:
Opportunity to work on innovative projects at the forefront of the industry.
Collaborative and inclusive work environment that values your expertise.
Professional advancement and development opportunities.
Work life balance and flexible working hours.
Parexel US Benefits
- 4Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Work/Life Balance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Pet Insurance
Full list of benefits available here: https://www.parexel.com/us-benefits
About Parexel International:
At Parexel we embrace flexibility and understand that in today’s fast-paced world, employees need to balance their careers with their personal lives. Come join us where learning is constant, you’re exposed to a world of experiences and open doors. Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy, and we’re committed to making a difference.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!