- Project MultiVersus
Player First Games builds best-in-class online game experiences for a passionate playerbase. Each member joining our team significantly impacts the game’s direction and the company’s growth.
Our studio is composed of industry veterans and talented artists who are amazing teammates and collaborators. Benefits include company equity, health, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), flexible schedule, and paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays).
As a Senior Environment Concept Artist at Player First Games, you are responsible for the following:
What you will do:
- From sketch to final render, create innovative and stylized 2D environment concepts that will inspire our maps team and contribute to the unique visual direction of MVS.
- Create color studies, elevations, facades, callout sheets, lighting passes, set dressing, detail sketches, and drawings.
- Leverage your strong composition skills and deep understanding of perspective and camera lensing to create your environment artwork.
- Be very comfortable working with a large range of IPs. Familiarity with authentic art styles, which will be used to create cohesive and ‘canonically accurate’ stages and maps.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Concept Artists to create environments that aesthetically represent the overall artistic vision.
- Provide feedback, maintain documentation, and proactively communicate with creative teams on a daily basis.
- Develop and feed content to an art production pipeline, leveraging industry-standard tools and systems associated with the creation of art assets.
- Assist with quality control of outsourced environment art: Review submissions, style adherence, and uphold the integrity of the art style.
- Work with 3D artists and outsource supervisors to confirm finalized modeling and rendering of 2D concepts.
- Add final paint-over polish to 3D renders to enhance color, lighting, and details.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience as a senior environment concept artist and/or art lead.
- Digital production skills: Expert in Photoshop or equivalent. Fundamental development in 2D, without the need for 3D supplements or underlay.
- Strong traditional fine art skills: architectural draftsmanship, technical illustration, plein-air painting, organic and geometric/hard surface form development, color theory, lighting, and perspective.
- A keen eye for design: form, shape, silhouette, structure, and composition with the ability to translate these ideas to real-time game environments.
- Quickly grasp the MVS style, and stylize your work to align.
- Be able to both indicate and fully represent forms, shapes, volumes, materials, and textures.
- Proven ability to create compelling and thematic environments that tell a unique and recognizable story.
Qualifications And Communication
- A passion and excitement for collaboration. Creating exceptional entertaining game experiences is a team effort – you thrive when researching and conceptualizing ideas with like-minded teammates.
- Familiarity with video game product development – workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, particle systems, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, VFX, and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Clearly and concisely communicate updates, and escalate concerns to appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Self-starter: Able to work efficiently with minimal direction or hand-holding.
- Leverage industry trends and techniques, evaluate competitive products, and learn new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Lead by example, facilitating a positive, supportive, and inspiring studio culture.
Nice to have:
- Experience or knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, and Zbrush.
- Has shipped at least one AAA console or PC title as an in-game senior environment artist, and helped to oversee the quality of the art, and all phases of implementation.
- Mobile / Console / PC Games experience.
- Cinematic or television art production experience.
- A love for video games, movies, and animation.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, lighting, staging, color, composition.
- Estimated base pay range for this position: $82,000 – $150,000.
- Fully remote studio.
- Shared success in the company.
- World-class talent with experience in some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™).
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience.
At Player First Games, we design experiences from the player’s perspective. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
/ Pay Transparency. Player First Games participates in E-Verify & Right to Work programs. Applicants have rights under Employment Laws.
If you require assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please submit your request to . Please note this communication resource is for accommodation requests only and not for general employment inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Player First Games.
Powered by JazzHR
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!