PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
3D Character Scan Art Intern
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), Visual Arts is a critical business asset that facilitates 3D Art and animation content and production solutions for our internal and external partnering studios such as Naughty Dog, Bend, Sucker Punch, God of War. Within the Character team we are responsible to partner with the Studios to provide industry leading content and solutions throughout the production cycles to provide the highest quality 3D / 4D Scanned Characters, Faces and Rigging content to support production needs.
- Use modeling and texturing skills to create photorealistic digital double assets from 3D Scans
- Build, edit, and retoplogize 3D scan data
- Sculpting in Zbrush to create high fidelity meshes
- Create and modify textures using Photoshop and Substance painter
- Collaborate closely with Leads and Senior team to learn multiple pipelines and ensure high level of quality products
- Attend Scan pipeline trainings and project meetings clearly communicate progress, changes, and roadblocks to mentors with confidence
- Consistently meet timelines for training exercises
- Rising senior, projected to graduate by Spring 2024
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., JD, or MBA degree
- Experience creating all aspects of 3D character art for games
- Demonstrate artistic foundation in design, composition, color, anatomy
- Experience in creating character art in 3D programs/Tools including, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Mudbox
- Desire to collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic and ability to handle confidentiality
- Understanding of Marmoset, Substance, Unreal game engines is a plus!
Our intern positions offer a fixed hourly pay rate. Please note that the pay rate is exclusive to the internship period and may not reflect what pay may look like following the completion of an internship.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click
to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$33.25 — $37.50 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!