PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Character Artist (Contract)
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
Are you a Character Artist looking to join a team to create the highest quality characters possible? Then read on!
You will work on a high visibility AAA projects within Sony PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and ground breaking techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic living, breathing characters with personality.
- Create highly detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for use in-game.
- Ensure character assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games’ design and artistic vision.
- Follow the direction of art leads. Collaborate with other departments such as Concept Art, Animation, Rigging and Game Design to make sure artwork fits within the title’s vision.
- Serve as mentor for other artists.
- Work with production to follow and build schedules and to deliver assets on time.
- Work with outsourcing to help create and integrate art assets.
- Clearly communicate updates and voice concerns to the appropriate team members and manager(s)
- Contribute to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product’s visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio
- Participate in research and development on latest tools tech and methodology.
- Capable of resolving a range of complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- 2+ years’ experience as a 3D character artist.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, material setup, character skinning, surface sampling, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, character rigging and engine parameters/optimizations desirable
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, worn fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy and surface properties.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Previous console experience with a shipped title is desired.
- Experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Marvelous Design,ari, Agisoft, Substance, Mudbox
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!