Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that’s collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Principal Character Artist who’s passionate about building extraordinary new experiences that inspire others. Awesome characters make for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Modeling, texturing, creating UVs, and engine implementation of characters for a game developed with the Unreal Engine
- Directing and providing feedback to 3rd-party vendors to ensure assets are produced at quality
- Solving technical and artistic problems that deliver on project goals
- Review assets to ensure they are technically sound and ready for rigging and animation
- Closely collaborate with production and the rest of the art team to create and maintain a transparent and reliable schedule
- Contributing to a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- A passion for creating amazing character models
- Experience with costume design and character customization
- 6+ years of related industry experience working on games for PC and/or console
- Experience leading or mentoring other artists
- Expert-level knowledge of character modeling and texturing
- Solid understanding of asset optimization techniques/challenges
- Strong portfolio of realistic and stylized characters for games
- Thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- Willing to take risks and learn from failure
- Experience working in Unreal
- AAA game development experience a plus
- Experience creating character content for a live service game
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Remote-work Friendly
- Specific perks (benefits) are applicable to regular, full-time employees only (benefits are not applicable to contractors). Benefits are determined by country of residency and are in compliance with local, state, and country regulations.*
- The estimated salary range for this role is $100,000 – $150,000 USD plus equity.
- Individual salary and equity packages are determined based on location, level, relevant education, training, qualifications, and/ or experience.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!