Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Gaming Artist
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Studios are seeking a talented and highly experienced Principal Graphic Designer with leadership experience in UI UX design for automotive dash displays, PC & mobile gaming, or interactive experiences and related applications. The ideal candidate should love to draw and be able to design various concepts for user experiences and implement the UI elements using Adobe’s creative suite and Unreal Engine. This position will help create visually compelling graphics, logos, icons, UI assets for automotive dash cluster and infotainment systems, upcoming games, graphic experiences, to be displayed through trade shows, press releases and AAA-Mobile-PC-Console-VR games. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of mobile gaming and a proven track record of designing intuitive, visually appealing user interfaces for mobile games.
- Coordinate with Department Lead & Art Director to create logos, concepts, user interface, and visuals for automotive, XR-AR-VR-PC-Mobile games and graphics experiences within studio objectives, creative direction, and brand consistency.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement creative graphics and content, both print and digital, on time and within budget.
- Create icons, layout and motion graphics for upcoming automobile dash experiences.
- Create concept art for games, graphics experiences, logos, UI, 3D characters, and environmental elements to be used in trade shows, press releases, and presentation materials to promote studio projects.
- Provide feedback and design modifications for art assets to achieve a unified style and quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineers, product managers, and UX designers to define and implement innovative solutions for automotive dash displays.
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for in-vehicle displays.
- Present design concepts and work to stakeholders, including explaining design decisions and receive feedback.
- Conduct user testing and incorporate feedback to continuously improve the user experience
- Utilize Adobe Illustrator and Unreal Engine to create and test interface prototypes.
- 6 years production experience within AAA games, automobile interface design, film, marketing agency, or creative service agency.
- 6 years production experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Adobe Creative Cloud for graphic design.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while following the design directives of the Lead.
- Comfortable working closely with small team sizes in a highly iterative environment.
- Self-motivated and able to estimate task length and deliver polished assets on time.
- Ability to match & define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating ability to create visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces
- 10 years production experience in Automobile User Interface design, AAA game studio, creative services agency, or film.
- Experience shipping at least one commercial PC or console game
- Excellent visual design skills, including color theory, typography, and layout.
- Strong understanding of Art fundamentals: color theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form & function.
- Foundation in traditional arts including painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration.
- 3D game UI experience with ability to create functional examples with Adobe In Design, XD, Figma or similar.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships within all levels of the organization
Preferred: PhD, MFA, BFA or BA degree in art, design graphics or have received equivalent on-the-job experience.
Creative, Artist, illustrator, design, designer, drawing, hand drawn, graphic art, visuals, Adobe, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In Design, Environment Design, Character Design, user interface, logo, brand
About The Company
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Studios is a highly independent team of innovators who thrives on a fun, laid back startup environment where we are family of engineers, product managers, producers, animators, and artists, building the next generation of technology and content for gaming on Snapdragon enabled platforms that impact hundreds of millions of consumers. We offer a highly collaborative fast paced environment where each artist is encouraged to take on a generalist mentality and multiple disciplines to complete various projects.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
$135,000.00 – $202,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!