3D Animator Artist
Various levels of experience and knowledge.
We are extensively growing our Global Art Team
As a 2D/3D Animator in
you will work closely with the team to create skilled animation with strong acting, story-driven performances and convincing motion, that will bring our worlds and characters to life.
studios are now on the hunt for several talented and professional 2D & 3D artists to join our global Art Team. You’ll be working on a variety of games, we are proud to house the best quality animations, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion. Whether you are animating a hero or a monster, a crowd or an object, you will always think of the movement’s intention and the subject’s behaviour. It is important for you to know how the tiny details help building up the big picture in-game. You will have a strong sense of 2D/3D design, facial animation and body mechanics (realistic and cartoony) which must be displayed in a compelling reel.
This position entails a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to drive further the development of your artistic, technical, and creative expertise and will accept applications from 2D and 3D Artists that can work on a variety of art styles.
We are ideally looking for
2D and 3D Animators
that have at least 2-4 years of commercial experience in the games industry, but equally if you’re a super talented, self-taught, or even come from a different creative field, we would love to hear from you. we’re interested to hear from you and review your portfolio/reel.
- BA in Art Media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience (bachelor’s in fine arts, computer animation, illustration, digital arts, media arts or master’s of fine arts in animation or visual effects for example).
- Previous AAA/Indie/PC games, mobile games and NFT projects or at minimum a passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry.
- Good understanding of creative briefs, able to consider elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into a character, props and special effects.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Excellent creative thinking skills, able to solve creative problems through innovative solutions, balancing flow, function and aesthetics.
- Solid understanding of both realistic and cartoon human/creature poses and keyframe animations.
- Proficient skills at creating facial expressions and animations in conjunction with blendshapes or similar.
- The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Knowledge of computer 2D/3D animation techniques, motion design and camera movement principles. Able to animate characters, objects and special effects.
- Skilled at working within Maya and Motion Capture data to create the animations.
- Experienced with animation mockups, able to plan and generate asset libraries to help smooth the pipeline.
- Strong collaborative attitude. A receptive individual who’s open to take feedback and working together with team-mates on streamlining and improving the animation pipelines/processes and deliverables.
- Experienced with working across departments to provide the most optimized format for the best in-game performance.
- High level of proficiency in 2D/3D editing and software tools like Maya, After Effects CC, Premier Pro CC, Adobe Flash, Animate CC environment, Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D/3D assets.
- Supportive attitude, eager to guide other animators in the team and take ownership.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Nice to have
- A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is a major asset.
- Ability to draw in a variety of styles and genres with knowledge of lighting, perspective, material finishes and special effects, and a cinematic eye for lighting and shading.
- Big plus: proficiency with Unity (or another game engine), with the ability to import, export and set up the animation state machine with devs and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience with 3D tools, texturing in both Low/High poly and texture painting skills.
- Knowledge of animation, Illustrator, Flash, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
Good understanding of the 2D/3D rigging process and different technical software.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial global multicultural casual, fun environment.
- You get to work with the latest technologies
You will be working for one of the worlds leading providers of specialist services to the games industry.
Who We Are
PTW is a video games services company which supports video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes 1518, SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio. 1518 is our award- winning global Art studio service.
Welcome to 1518
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!