To support cultural preservation and raise awareness to causes around the world through innovative storytelling and collaboration with the arts.
A world of inspired change-makers using creative expression to preserve cultural identity and invoke real change.
About the Organization:
Quest of Sages is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles, CA with volunteers from multiple countries around the world. Quest of Sages was founded as an extension of a multidisciplinary project based on an artist’s journey to photograph one person from every country in the world. We work with communities, artists and organizations in the countries visited to support cultural preservation. We are offering a unique opportunity to get involved with an arts and culture organization early on and learn what it takes to grow. Ideally, we are seeking candidates who will stay with the organization as it develops and eventually become members of the board.
*Please be advised that this is an artist and volunteer run organization. We have no paid employees at this time.
About the Positions:
We currently have a number of internship and volunteer positions available across multiple disciplines. We are seeking interns who are passionate about what we believe, that conceptual art and innovative storytelling have the power to inspire and promote real change.
All positions are remote. We are an organization strongly rooted in cross-cultural collaboration. Applicants residing outside of the United States will be considered and are encouraged to apply. English fluency is required. Work hours are flexible and task based. For interns, college credit may be offered and a minimum of 20 hours per week is required. If you would like to join as a volunteer rather than an intern, there are no hourly requirements.
All interns will work directly with the organization’s founder on daily tasks. We strive to keep the culture of our organization inclusive and value input from everyone we work with.
Project Coordinator: Documenting Oral Stories
The Project Coordinator will work with our founder to design a program that will aid in the preservation of traditional stories in communities around the world.
The ideal candidate has experience working with research collection, documentation and/or publication. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
Design a program template to implement in each community visited
Determine best practices to collect oral stories and tales from community leaders and storytellers
Assist in documenting and transcribing the stories
Work with the communities and local partner organizations to determine best output design
Source book designers and illustrators when needed
Ensure final book is 100% authorized and approved by the communities and local organizations
Assist in publication on behalf of the community and/or local partners
Project Coordinator: Virtual Marketplace for Cultural Goods
The Project Coordinator will work with our founder to conceptualize an online marketplace to host traditional artisans’ goods.
The ideal candidate has experience working with e-commerce. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
- Research existing online marketplaces with similar models
- Determine how to recruit and verify traditional artisans
- Create a template which will provide users with more information on the history of cultural practices
- Strategize shipping solutions: How will rural communities facilitate the international shipping of orders?
- Conceptualize ways of using new technology to bring the market to a wider audience through AR and VR
Project Coordinator: Augmented Reality Application
The Project Coordinator will work with our founder to design an application that will gamify the dissemination of cultural knowledge, wisdom and stories. The ideal candidate has experience working with technology based art such as augmented reality, virtual reality, AI, concept design, and/or 3d modeling. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
- Conceptualize ideas for the utility of the application
- Source and collaborate with concept designers and 3d modelers to create digital versions of cultural sages
- Research information that the sages will give
- Explore strategic partnerships and determine geolocations where the sages will be located
Project Coordinator: Artist Collaborations and Gallery Exhibitions
The Project Coordinator will work with our founder to create a program that fosters collaborations with artists around the world and features their work in both virtual and traditional spaces. The ideal candidate has experience working in a gallery or museum setting. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
Designing a program and theme for artist collaborations
Promoting a call for artists
Creating a virtual gallery exhibition of the program’s collaborative works
Organize a traditional group show of the exhibition
The Fundraising Strategist will assist with all aspects of fundraising. The ideal candidate has experience with fundraising for a nonprofit organization. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
- Research artist & nonprofit funding opportunities
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies
- Research and apply for grants
- Coordinate with grant writers
- Source donors and sponsors
- Create donation request letters and pitch decks
- Assist in onboarding a team of fundraising volunteers
The Marketing Strategist will assist with all aspects of marketing. The ideal candidate has experience with marketing in either the arts or nonprofit sector. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
- Assist with developing a marketing strategy and compile a marketing plan
- Assist with developing a social media strategy and calendar
- Develop our Country Ambassador program
- Find PR opportunities including interviews, podcasts, exhibitions etc.
- Find strategic partners to collaborate with
Graphic & Media Designer:
The Graphic & Media Designer will be responsible for visual and media productions. The ideal candidate is experienced in graphic design, web design and video. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is preferred. Duties will include:
- Implement cohesive branding and aesthetic across platforms
- Create content for social media platforms, website and email campaigns
- Assist with production of promotional videos and materials
Lead Artist Assistant:
The Lead Artist Assistant position will oversee the art component of the organization. The ideal candidate is interested in contemporary art and business. 20 hours per week and a three month commitment is required. Duties will include:
- Develop strategies to promote the art project across multiple platforms
- Virtually assist in daily operations and tasks required of the art project
- Assist with travel planning
- Coordinate book publications and limited edition print sales
- Communicate with art galleries globally
- Source literary and artist agents
- Research artist funding opportunities
Visit our website at www.questofsages.org for more information.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please address the following:
Which position are you applying for?
What is your experience in that field?
Why do you want to work with our organization?
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!