- An eye for detail to finalize scenes (game Levels) for a post-apocalyptic world environment that must look very real and believable in Unity 2021.3.
- Cooperate with Team Leads and Assistant Team Leads to create game assets as directed.
- Be team-oriented and willing to share processes and ideas with other team members.
- Ability to put in about 10 to 12+ hours a week working remotely on project assignments.
Currently requires a
payment arrangement (each assignment completed should be worth between $1,500 to $3,000 for every 100,000 units of game sales, (based on if they are for the Core Game or Expansion packs). Royalty payments will begin when we go into sales in mid-2024.
Skills & Requirements
- Prior experience in the field is not required but is a great plus. The biggest thing we require is for you to be able to work with Unity and be able to produce great quality work in a remote work setting.
- Good eye for realistic environmental layouts
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Environmental flow and architectural design.
- The ability to make realistic feeling landscapes in a variety of settings. This includes both vegetation and terrain textures.
- The ability to place and set up some behind-the-scenes stuff to work with code such as cover, spawn points, and nav meshes.
- A basic understanding of some source control will be beneficial. Knowledge of different forms of scene randomization is a plus.
Tools that would be great to know:
- Being skilled with terrain editing inside of Unity or outside of it with tools such as photo editing software is a plus.
- Being able to work on more level design scenes, such as more indoor levels, is a big plus.
- The ability to be able to do work and meet deadlines without micromanagement.
- The ability to do cross-team work is a major plus.
Note: When applying please watch your SPAM or JUNK email box for an email reply with Razor Edge Games in the subject line.
About the Company
Razor Edge Games is a team of gamers at heart with dedicated and deep love and passion for making games. We are a growing Indie team with members from around the world. We offer opportunities to all professionally skilled or not, giving many their first opportunity at being on a game development team.
Razor Edge Games was founded by Mike Weiser in 2014, a former game designer of Fallen Heroes (PC Games 1995) & Ruinsworld (1997 Collectable Card Game). Currently working on Eden Falling a game in development for over 9 years as a tabletop RPG and now being ported to PC & consoles.
Our philosophy is to allow our team members to share in the rewards of successful games by profit-sharing versus a traditional position-based salary or freelance setup. Why get paid only once for your work when you can get paid month after month for the lifetime of the game sales.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!