For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support
We are looking for a talented Character Artist to join our passionate Art department to help work on a forthcoming, co-op strategy shooter game.
You will play a key role in the team producing high-quality character models for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the technical constraints and artistic direction.
You will be working within an experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality products. The ideal candidate should demonstrate an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, and a drive for excellence.
- Produce high-quality character models in their entirety respecting as closely as possible the concept art
- Become familiar with the character list and understand their actions and psychological aspects to create credible characters
- Create additional character assets such as hair, accessories, armour, weapons, etc
- Work with Outsource companies to provide asset packs and give detailed feedback on their work
- Provide primary models to technical animators so they can integrate them into the engine and test first gameplay intentions.
- Touch-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality
- Implement and incorporate feedback from the Producer and Leads into your work
Support the Lead Character Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Good knowledge of 3d software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Experience of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Basic knowledge of PRB material pipeline/substance
- An understanding of the video game development process pipeline, from concept to final model.
Passionate about gaming, with a particular interest in the shooter genre.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!