Join Rendered.ai and use your experience with 3D, game engines, and graphics pipelines to help craft and scale solutions for generating synthetic computer vision data to train AI across diverse industries and problem sets. Rendered.ai offers the best-in-class PaaS experience to enable data scientists, engineers, and developers to rapidly and repeatedly generate the data they need to overcome the costs and issues of acquiring and using real-world data to train and validate AI.
As a Senior 3D Technical Artist, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between customers’ needs and the diverse technologies and techniques from the 3D industry that can be brought together to create scenarios and scenes that will be used to generate physics-based simulated computer vision data. The patterns and techniques that you pioneer will be translated into repeatable offerings that continuously expand Rendered.ai’s off the shelf capability for generating synthetic data. Working closely with product and development leadership, you will be a senior voice in the shape and evolution of Rendered.ai offerings and customer projects that often have significant real-world impact. In this role, you will also be able to contribute from top to bottom in the product effort and to mentor staff at multiple levels of skill and experience.
Rendered.ai is a venture backed startup pushing the boundaries of synthetic data in AI/ML. Our product is a platform-as-a-service for data scientists, data engineers, and developers who need to create and deploy unlimited, customized synthetic data pipelines for machine learning and artificial intelligence workflows, reducing expense, closing gaps, and overcoming bias, security, and privacy issues when compared with the use or acquisition of real-world data.
Rendered.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment with opportunities to contribute and grow for all employees, business partners, and customers.
- Creative problem solving to design and guide scenario modeling and simulation capabilities, including scripting and coding tools to facilitate the implementation process
- Plan and integrate new simulation capabilities into a common repertoire of tools and capabilities being developed on the Rendered.ai platform
- Act as a collaborator with the broader software engineering and technical services teams
- Actively engage with product and business leadership in the ongoing evolution of the production Platform as a Service
- Participate and collaborate with the engineering team in the research and development of new methodologies
- Understand and articulate customer needs and synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders while communicating design rationale and tradeoffs
- Provide guidance and mentoring to new and less-experienced team members
- A portfolio that shows your past work including github coding examples
- 3+ years of professional experience in a relevant role leading to a Creative Director, Technical Director, or Art Director within a software-centric industry (games, simulation, animated film)
- Understanding of computer graphics foundational concepts, and algorithms, including concepts such as USD, glTF, pixel streaming, and similar
- Experience with modeling tools, design tools, and game engines such as Maya, Blender, NVIDIA Omniverse, Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine Blueprint
- Scripting and programming skills in Python
- Strong communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., product management, customer experience, engineering, etc.), ideally a skilled storyteller comfortable presenting their work for critique
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent
- US citizenship required
Preferred additional characteristics
- Experience with Computer Vision applications and techniques
- Knowledge of visual effects, animation, graphics techniques, and algorithms
- Strong understanding of coding process, standards, continuous integration, and testing principles
- Software development experience on production systems
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Understanding of environmental effects simulation techniques and Houdini
- Advanced experience with modern global illumination rendering
- Solid understanding of node-based compositing packages (i.e. Shake, Nuke, or similar)
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects film and game production
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience with 3D applications and technology applied to visualization, defense, GIS, or urban planning
- Experience in technical leadership
- Experience with Lean and Agile software development methodologies and design techniques
- Experience in a growing and dynamic startup environment in which staff often fill multiple roles depending on the stage of products and the company
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within constraints and regulations as dictated by national or regional health and risk guidelines
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with matching
- 100% remote with some travel required
- 50% paid Medical and Dental premiums for employees and dependents for the company’s basic plan, with additional premium plans offered
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!