Unless specified below as an in-office/in-person position, this is a remote opportunity. All remote positions require applicants to have a reliable internet connection. The health and wellbeing of our employees are of the utmost importance. It is our policy to maintain vaccinated offices for those working out of our physical work locations.
Ingenuity Studios is seeking an experienced Rigging Artist to work directly with the 3D department to build, maintain, and improve character rigs in Maya.
- Working closely with 3D Dept and Lead Character Artist while creating complex character rigs for the Animation Team
- Translate rig solutions between different roles in CG
- Work within studio pipeline restrictions
- Work closely with other departments on issues that affect the animation team, and vice versa.
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- Able to create complex character rigs with
- Realistic human/organic proportions
- Proper mesh deformation
- Proper preservation of mesh volume
- Stability in extreme poses
- Compatibility with other pipeline programs (especially Houdini)
- Consistent and predictable rig scalability
- Maintain a clean and organized character hierarchy
- Strong understanding of Maya nodes
- Comfortable scripting in Python and Mel; Pymel, OpenMaya, and PySide are a plus
- Flexibility to adapt to different rig build styles as needed for the pipeline
- Experience with facial rigging
- Strong team communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially under deadline stress
- Strong knowledge in Maya
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge Mel
- A basic understanding of Houdini
- Unreal is a plus
- ngSkinTools is a plus
- A good understanding of Maya’s math nodes
- Experience rigging animals and birds
- Experience scripting in a rigging pipeline is a plus
- Experience writing 3D workflow tools is a plus
The hiring salary range for this position applies to the United States only. Starting salary will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant, geographic location, market demands, relevant experience, training, level of education, and certifications or other professional licenses held. This role may also qualify for annual incentives and/or comprehensive benefits. Please note, final offers may not fall within this range and are subject to change.
California Pay Range
Ingenuity Studios is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Ingenuity Studios is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. At Ingenuity Studios, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!