Who We Are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role (the mission, why this role exists, the thing you do over and over again)
- Collaborate with Game Director, art leads, design, and production to help plan and accomplish the strategic goals of the 3D art team.
- Deliver excellent translations of designs for environments and props following the overall game vision with an emphasis on stylization.
- Produce and lead the development of high-quality 3D game assets utilizing a variety of techniques including hight-to-low poly workflows, hard surface modeling and organic sculpting.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints, technical performance targets, and artistic direction.
- Document and communicate workflow and best practices to support consistency across the art team. Lead the creation of high-quality 3D environments and assets for mobile games, including terrain, buildings, props, and other objects.
- Work closely with the art director and 3D lead artist to ensure that all environments are visually consistent and meet the project’s quality standards.
- Work closely with Design teams, joining their design processes and working out the visual problems that arise during production.
- Mentor and guide junior artists, providing feedback and helping to develop their skills.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques, tools, and best practices in the mobile game industry.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the overall development process.
What you’ll achieve (outcomes vs what people will do)
- Lead a team of passionate artists in the production of high-quality, optimized 3D environments and assets for mobile games.
- Consistently high-quality contributions to the creation of visually stunning and immersive mobile game environments.
- Effective mentorship and guidance for junior artists.
- Effective communication and collaboration with the art, design, and programming teams.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful (competencies)
- Excellent knowledge of modeling programs such as 3DSMAX, Maya, Blender, Zbrush and texture/material authoring tools such as Photoshop and Substance.
- Ability to effectively integrate 3D assets into the Unity game engine, ensuring seamless integration with the overall game design and functionality.
- Ability to take direction and feedback, and ability to work well in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of mobile optimization techniques and best practices.
- Able to effectively collaborate with every department of a game development team (game designers, programmers, tech art, animation, etc.).
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to characters, objects and environments.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality.
- Commitment to the project and a desire to find the best possible way of inspiring others.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We’re not just about making Games Where You Belong. We’re also about building communities where our people belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!