Our client is looking for a seasoned 3D Artist with expertise in Maya. A strong background in Virtual Reality (Oculus Headsets) and Unity Engine is a must.
Experience working for an established Virtual Reality firm is required for this role. Creation of Characters, Environments (world builds) and Props are required.
- Create high-quality 3D models for environments, props, and avatar accessories. These models will be taken through the modeling, texturing, and high to low poly baking pipeline.
- Scene and asset assembly in Unity game engine. This includes setting up models, materials, and textures in Unity.
- Maintain artistic unity across the game from reference images and concepts to the final art in the game engine.
- Ability to create both realistic and fictitious environments and assets.
- Character skinning and weight painting.
- Collaborate with teammates to achieve the desired aesthetic of the game. Follow references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently.
- Validate your work on device (Oculus VR Headset in the Unity editor).
- Optimization. All assets are to be optimized and run on the target hardware (Oculus Quest 1 & 2).
- 4-5 years of experience creating art for games or virtual reality applications.
- Strong portfolio showing abilities in creating high to low poly modeling, clean topology, texturing, and strong artistic and technical ability.
- High proficiency in modeling (Maya), UVs, PBR texturing and materials (Substance 3D Collection), and image editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- High proficiency in Unity asset assembly (prefabs, import settings, materials, textures).
- Strong understanding of modeling and texturing techniques.
- Strong knowledge of performance trade-offs and optimization for mobile VR (GPU and CPU impacts).
- Experience with Maya rigging and weight painting.
- Experience creating BlendShapes in Maya.
- Experience creating art for virtual reality or Unity games.
- Strong understanding of Unity lighting methods (baked, realtime, mixed).
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of Unity shaders.
- Experience modeling characters and clothing.
- Python and C# scripting languages.
- Experience with source control (Plastic, GIT, Perforce).
This is a full-time, 100% remote role, Located in the USA.
If interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!