Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of Core, a premier platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core platform by integrating MetaMask, allowing users to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Join us as we work to build a world where Players and Creators can explore, create, and become anyone they can dream of.
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist to help us bring the multiverse on Core to life. You will create exciting stylized characters for our players to bring with them into a vast range of games spanning many themes and genres.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets.
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines for use in Unreal Engine.
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques.
- Create stylized textures using Substance Painter.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling using Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter.
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Have shipped a AAA, PC, or console title as a character artist.
$80,000/year to $140,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!