Senior Character Technical Artist
Remote (based in the UK)
£70k – £90k
Private healthcare, your birthday off, plenty of flexibility, parental packages, sabbatical after 5 years of service, cycle-to-work scheme, fun socials, and more!
Dimension is a leader in real-time 3D content, specialising in advanced virtual worlds, virtual humans, and virtual production for the entertainment industry. As a Senior Character Technical Artist, you will work with a team that is pioneering new forms of storytelling, creating mixed reality content for film, games, sports, music videos, fashion, and metaverse experiences. Our studios are based in the UK (London and Newcastle) and US (Los Angeles), while our mobile stages operate worldwide. Recent hits include the industry-shifting Balenciaga “Afterworld: The Age of Tomorrow” game and the out-of-this-word Coldplay x BTS “My Universe” hologram video, and star-studded feature films Bullet Train (Sony Pictures) and Pinocchio (Disney). As a Senior Character Technical Artist, you will work alongside 100 curious and creative minds. We work with some of the world’s most exciting brands, media and entertainment companies. We offer a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including flexible hours, as well as unrivalled access to on set experience. We encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds.
Senior Character Technical Artist Role
We’re looking for a talented Senior Character Technical Artist to join the team to create hyper-real immersive experiences. We have an incredibly exciting roadmap and are building out the team to develop it. You’d be integral to that. As a Senior Character Technical Artist You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technologies in avatar and character creation, embracing new methodologies and technologies for both Mo-Cap data and 3D body-scans, to produce world-class animation that revolutionises film, sport, music and other mixed reality experiences.
Senior Character Technical Artist Responsibilities
- Build, test and maintain Rigs for characters, soft props and mechanical props.
- Work closely with the Mocap team to implement mocap onto characters for delivery to animators.
- Give support to animators and work on pipeline tools to manage animation in between softwares.
- Write support tools and scripts to support the animation and character teams.
- Work closely with the Leads and Character team to ensure assets are completed at the desired quality bar and technical requirements.
- Creation & maintenance of technical documentation.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!