Magic Leap is looking for a talented 2D/3D motion graphics artist who possesses a strong sense of design, an eye for detail, and artistic abilities to create outstanding moving visuals. In the role of a senior motion designer at Magic Leap, your work will involve the delivery of high-end motion graphics videos for both internal and external brand partners. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the creative leadership team, have ownership of work from day one, and shape the way our brand comes to life in the world. You’ll be helping to deliver key communications for a leading augmented reality company.
With oversight from the Director of Brand & Marketing you’ll help bring the brand to life across web, campaigns, and social channels. You’re a generalist motion designer. You’re a designer who’s unafraid to learn new ways to create a better future, faster — with an eye for detail and a feel for timing. You’ll help set the standard for motion across the entire company, and support various departments in the creation of external communication, while having a direct influence over the interactive experiences on our platform. Additionally, you’ll collaborate directly with outside vendors of the highest caliber in the world.
At Magic Leap, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive results and returns.
Creatives at Magic Leap apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. At Magic Leap, we believe in the purposeful application of design and science to create meaningful ideas, products and functionality, through an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. Magic Leap Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to fully realize labors of love that deliver meaningful results for partners, users, developers and fans.
- Provide motion design for a wide range of visual communication
- Supporting the existing team to elevate the creative output
- Working within a variety of mediums, including film, 2D/3D software and video content
- Brainstorming ideas & creating storyboards for animations
- Recommending the best approach to integrate emerging 2D/3D animation techniques into day-to-day execution
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and with wider external partners within the Magic Leap network
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Be accountable for the project deliverables and manage their quality to ensure they meet Magic Leap brand standards for creative excellence.
- Fundamental understanding of timings in motion
- 4+ years as a designer/animator. Ideal candidate will have extensive tech knowledge or previous experience working for a technology company/brand.
- Experience in a fast paced design agency environment is a plus
- After Effects expert
- Experience with 3D software (preferably C4D to integrate with team workflow)
- Strength in Figma
- A relentless drive to learn is essential
- Conceptual thinker
- Collaborative partner
- Clear communicator
- Passionate about emerging technologies and motion techniques
- Confident in creating design and animation across a variety of mediums, particularly digital and social media.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about augmented reality technology
- Experience collaborating with designers, copywriters and producers
- Happy to work independently
- A strong portfolio of creative work with a focus on making dense, complicated information clear and accessible
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design, concepting and animation across a variety of projects and platforms
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams
- You have a breadth of design reference points and history
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind in the world
- You are passionate, driven and obsessed about your craft and stay on top of best work in your field
- Experience with Unity and Unreal Engine, and Houdini is a major plus
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field preferred, but not required
- Our vision is a world where the physical and digital are one. Our mission is to amplify human potential by delivering the most immersive AR platform, so people can intuitively see, hear, and touch digital content in the physical world. We are developing the most immersive AR device for enterprise, and are continuing to build a powerful team to help us do that.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!