Want to work with a world class team that is committed to changing the face of the entertainment industry? Join us in building an environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market.
Non-photorealistic rendering (NPR) is an area of computer graphics that focuses on enabling a wide variety of expressive styles for digital art, in contrast to traditional computer graphics, which focuses on photorealism.
Brass Lion Entertainment is seeking a Senior NPR Material Artist to join a talented and diverse team currently working on a new, unannounced Action-RPG title. Whether you fit the description below or have a skillset you think we could use, we are looking for people like you.
- Are you an environment art whiz who is pushing their style beyond the norm?
- Do you love bending rules of how 3d art is made?
- Do you enjoy pushing technical and artistic boundaries?
- Do you watch every NPR, stylized, or anime art tutorial you find?
- Do you watch environment painting video for fun?
The Senior NPR Environment Artist will create the NPR environment art for our anime RPG project. You will share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel and possess exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas with a high artistic quality bar. You will be instrumental in both defining the look of the game and leveraging the technical portions of the art pipelines. As an NPR environment specialist, you will be responsible for innovating and implementing technical art techniques to support a very specialized type of visual. You should demonstrate the highest level of art skill and help more junior team members develop their skill level.
Brass Lion Entertainment has employees based in New York City, Montréal, and remote locations across Canada and United States.
- Build AAA quality NPR environment assets and pipelines with the art team
- Build out environments and scenes in the game engine working with the design team
- Define and maintain the environment art pipelines and provide support for other artists and engineers
- Work with tech art and graphics programmers to create new technical ideas and solutions for NPR art problems
- Work with Art Director and Art Production manager to plan, schedule, and review assets for outsourcing when needed
- Participate in planning and critiquing of the project
- Stay up to date on current trends and techniques of NPR art authoring
- Top quality art portfolio highlighting 3D NPR environment art and material work
- Expert knowledge of NPR art pipelines for games and animation
- A deep interest in Anime art
- High level experience working in Unreal 4-5
- Located and authorized for work in the US or Canada
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of real time environment art workflows with a focus on modular workflows
- Knowledge of Substance Designer for procedural texture creation
- Able to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment
- Strong art foundation skills
- 2D painting and drawing skills
- Professional game development experience with at least one shipped project or equivalent experience
- Experience with Houdini and other procedural software
- Knowledge of 3D lighting
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio and/or demo reel of your work.
What We Offer
- A POC-majority studio propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness
- 100% remote work model
- Healthy work life balance
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package (dental, vision, life insurance, extended health care, telemedicine, mental health and wellness)
- 401(k), paid holidays and vacation, unlimited sick days, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave
Brass Lion will be developing a remote/co-located team structure for all team members within the United States and Canada. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore all possible options. Only candidates located and authorized to work in Canada and United States will be contacted.
The standard base pay range for this role is USD$100,000 – USD$150,000 Annual (CDN$95,000 – CDN$135,000). Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!