has a full-time remote opportunity for a
Senior Pipeline Developer.
This new role will be responsible for developing and supporting 2D pipeline tools that accelerate efficient workflow in the production of high-quality visual effects. CoSA’s
Senior Pipeline Developer
will report to the head of Development and a senior member of the technical director working group.
The Senior Pipeline Developer at CoSA will work with department technical directors and other studio teammates to craft state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of current projects and advance the capabilities of the CoSA production pipeline. This role requires adept technical and communication skills, as well as a strong understanding of software design as well as the interconnectivity between 2D and 3D in production work.
At its core, this role is focused on artist and production needs: Ensuring that a strong and robust pipeline is in place, continuously improved to ensure a smooth, efficient workflow and positive experience for CoSA users.
- Drive the design, implementation, and evolution of CoSA’s pipeline, focusing on efficiency, resiliency and studio goals, working cooperatively with department TDs
- Assure that CoSA’s pipeline software documentation is clear and understandable by writing and revising documentation for tools, techniques and workflows
- Collaborate with department stakeholders to improve their workflows and toolsets, assuring that departments are not held back from achieving their project goals because of pipeline roadblocks
- Work with artists, production and CoSA TDs to troubleshoot collaboratively when presented with production challenges
- Ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the CoSA studio at large, creating a robust, flexible, scalable pipeline which allows individual VFX projects to have their needs met while maintaining a consistent process
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of CoSA software and systems; drive the development and evolution of standards and conventions used in production
- Promote a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the studio
- Act as a mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the tea
- Special projects as needed
- Experience in the following:
- One or more digital content creation tools like Nuke, Maya, Houdini, etc. (Unreal knowledge and experience a plus)
- Software engineering best practices, engineering trends, emerging products and the role of the pipeline engineering team in VFX, feature Animation or AAA games production
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Source control management systems like Git, SVN, etc
- Python programming language and standard python libraries
- Computer graphics interchange formats like USD, FBX, MaterialX, Alembic, etc
- Demonstrable experience developing software in Linux or Windows environments
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal
- Self-driven, detail-oriented sensibilities
- Degree in computer science, math or engineering/ equivalent industry experience required
Please submit a resume and cover letter as part of your application.
CoSA’s compensation and benefits package includes employer-paid comprehensive health benefits, a pension program, paid sick leave, and more
CoSA VFX is currently only considering applications from those who are residents or who have current work permits/visas in Canada.
Successful interview candidates will be subject to a Verification of Employment and/or Education History check.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!