We are looking for a Technical 3D Artist to join our team of 3D artists to expand the team’s production reach and assist in the day-to-day content integration. The Technical 3d Artist will be responsible for the integration of beautiful, real-time, 3D aircraft and car models, and assisting teams with tools, feature development, and troubleshooting technical issues.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge of 3DSMax, Maya and Perforce, and must be comfortable writing XML code and other scripting languages. They must also know how to problem solve issues that arise in the use of these tools – internally and client facing – in a timely and efficient manner. Their ability to communicate with artists and interpret the issue to find solutions will be key to their success.
· Create or modify XML files to link art content with engine functionality to give the 3D models life.
· Write tools and create pipeline processes that facilitate fast and effective asset creation while staying within the technical and artistic limitations of the game engine and 3D package.
· Assist in creating and improving the tools, technical processes, and best practices for the art team to support effective workflows and pipelines.
· Create clear and concise technical and functional specifications/documentation using your excellent communication skills.
· Work directly with our clients and internal team to help set up and troubleshoot custom tools and engine builds.
· Troubleshoot complex issues by reviewing error logs, network connections, and versions of various software interacting with one another.
· Resolve complex issues involving multiple tools by coordinating and leading efforts with IT across multiple studios.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in a game development environment as a technical artist.
· Creative problem-solving skills with a strong ability to learn new areas of development.
· Experience with various game-development tools such as Perforce, Incredibuild, Maya, Max etc.
· Ability to troubleshoot issues with Perforce, especially integrations with Perforce and engines, including Unity & UE.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Work well in a team atmosphere and give relevant technical feedback, suggestions and support when needed.
· Ability to learn new technical art software processes and be able to create training materials for artists on these processes. Knowledge of multiple scripting and coding languages (XML, C#, Python Mel, etc.).
Portfolio/website/sample code demonstrating your technical skills and previous experience.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!