Reporting To: CEO
Salary: $60k-90k USD annually
We’re a small team with big ideas. Sky Castle Studios is a fully remote company, centered in Santa Monica, California. We’re a group of talented artists, developers, character riggers, 3D modelers, in-house customer service agents, gamers and nerds of all stripes. When we’re not brainstorming and creating new platforms, we take time to discuss and enjoy the latest developments in geek culture, explore new technologies, and celebrate our creative endeavors!
We’re looking for game changers–those self-starters who know how to take initiative. You can expect to have a decent amount of autonomy in your work and in your work day. We won’t be looking over your shoulder, unless you’re showing us the cool new thing you just designed.
Our bread and butter is but we’re often expanding to other products and websites as well.
Visit our for a full list of open positions at Hero Forge®!
Sky Castle Studios offers a comprehensive suite of benefits including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance coverage for all US employees.
- 401k with 6% company matching for US employees after 6 months.
- Membership to if available in your city.
- Reproductive health travel coverage.
- 15 days of paid vacation accrued per year.
- 80 hours of paid sick time per year.
- 11 paid company holidays per year, plus a week of paid summer vacation and a week of paid holiday vacation.
- Parental leave benefits, including 8 weeks of paid leave, 8 weeks of unpaid leave, and 8 weeks of flexible scheduling.
- A generous home office reimbursement stipend, which can be used for internet and phone expenses as well as technology, office furniture, and more.
- Education reimbursement.
- Free Hero Forge Minis
3D Terrain Sculptor Job Description:
Sky Castle Studios is currently seeking a talented 3D Artist to work on high-quality landscapes within an exciting new project.
3D Terrain Sculptor Responsibilities:
- Creating and/or modifying in-game landscape assets to final quality.
- Collaborating with the art team both internally and externally, acting positively on Art Direction and feedback, to complete the work to a high quality and required art style.
- Interpreting 2d concept art, design requirements and visual reference into high quality 3D assets that capture the spirit of the concept as well as the technical dimensions.
- Understanding and accommodating the context of the reference materials – how it needs to be set up and its gameplay potential.
3D Terrain Sculptor Requirements:
- Experience working on a fully delivered AA or AAA game
- Excellent 3d sculpting skills, in zBrush or equivalent.
- Skill with both organic and inorganic asset sculpting
- Familiarity with the entire game landscape creation pipeline: baked texture pipeline, texture masks creation, layered material set up, setting up and exporting to game.
- Great understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and color.
At Sky Castle Studios, diversity is not just a core value, but a foundation of what we do. We strive to embrace our differences in the workplace, and to promote respectful representation of all people through the work we do and the content we create. Diversity brings fresh perspectives that help us to better serve our community. Wherever you come from, and whatever background you bring, we’re excited to hear from you!
Sky Castle Studios is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, observance, or practice, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!