Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let’s talk about who we’re hiring for:
SkyBox Labs is excited to be adding a Senior Concept Artist to our IP Division. Joining the team in the early phases of development, you will be a pivotal part of the creations and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond.
The person who is best fit for this role will be a well-rounded Concept Artist who has experience with realistic AAA games. They will enjoy the challenge and thrill that comes with original IP and will not be afraid to jump into this exciting journey with two feet.
If you’re interested in putting your creative skills and expertise toward new Original IPs, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- Create high-quality concept art including character design, creature design, environment design, storyboarding, polished illustrations for marketing and deck art, and more
- Create ortho views of approved concepts for 3D artists in production
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines
- Use creativity to image the theme at hand and conceptualize and create illustrations
- Ability to push creative projects from concept to final execution
Sound like you? This is what we’re looking for:
- Well-rounded Artist with a wide range of realism character, creature, and environment concepts
- Strong understanding of lighting and colors
- Great sense for quality and acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Exposure to 3D packages, such as ZBrush or Maya is preferred
- Experience working on AAA titles and PC/console games is preferred
And here is why we think you’ll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!