We are seeking a talented and experienced Unity VFX Artist to play a pivotal role in shaping an exciting mobile project.
This role will be integral to bringing the game to life via creation of assets needed to support timeline sequences in Unity; notably particle systems, animations, and shader work (both 2D and 3D).
The successful candidate should be organised, self-motivated, and thrive on close collaboration, primarily with our technical artist and creative lead, as well as the wider development team.
- Collaborate with technical artist and design team to produce high quality, mobile-friendly VFX assets.
- Deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming/gameplay requirements.
- Visual effects inside Unity (using particle systems and shader effects) as well as hand-drawn and frame-by-frame animated effects.
- Working to briefs.
- Working with developers to hash out best practices and approaches.
- Providing developers with required shaders, scripts and systems to enhance visual effects within the Unity-based project.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Comfortable driving the design and style of a game’s motion graphics.
- Good understanding of aesthetic fundamentals, including timing, easing, motion, anticipation, palette creation, values, contrast.
- Experience working in combination spaces (3D and 2D) .
- Experience using techniques unique to Unity’s bespoke toolkit (Particle system, Timeline, Cinemachine, Unity UI System) as well as more generalised realtime techniques (spritesheets, shaders).
- Understanding of the performance constraints inherent to mobile games and the ability to adapt your workflow to account for this.
- Experience designing motion graphics for commercial purposes.
- Familiarity with audio integration in Unity for creating compelling motion graphics.
- Experience working autonomously in a source-controlled environment.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at
If this sounds like a role of interest, then get in touch!
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!