PeopleFun ™ is the award-winning creator of mobile games for players across the globe. We are part of the AppLovin ™ studios family, a publicly traded company, with world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure. PeopleFun™ is a Dallas-based game studio founded and maintained by game industry veterans, where game developers thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our games are played by over 25 million players each month, and we have a number of exciting mid-core and casual games in development. Our mission is twofold: excellence in creativity and data-driven product innovation, and to be a best-in-class workplace providing unique opportunities to learn and exercise curiosity.
Candidates who reside or will reside in the following locations are eligible for this role: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Washington State
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it.
We are actively working on new visually exciting IP franchises within the mid-core landscape. This means 3D worlds, characters and amazing new technologies.
PeopleFun seeks a top-talent Sr. Concept/2D Artist who has a deep passion for games, especially in the mid-core mobile space. They should be versed at creating incredible character, environment, and key art designs that not only convey a consistent style but are part of a larger effort in creating cohesive worlds within a new IP. This position requires someone with focused expertise in driving fidelity, style, silhouette, and personality in a comprehensive array of creative designs.
- Work closely with the Game Director and our Concept/2D Art Team to create industry leading character, environment, VFX concepts, as well as final in game 2D Illustrations for key art and marketing purposes
- Creating a unique and consistent style for a complete game world
- Familiarity working with human, creature and hard surface elements in character design
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Creating final full-color concepts for day to day production of in-game art assets
- Ability to communicate visual ideas across teams and departments
- Mentor junior artists
Drive quality and style standards for additional character development with outsource partners
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Worked on and shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Strong focus on Character designs and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy
- Can define and articulate an aesthetic style that drives consistency in content
- Ability to create concept drawings based on written or verbal notes
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- Excellent knowledge of popular software packages including Photoshop
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
- Experienced in creating Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Actively seeks out additional ways to learn and grow
MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
- Deep understanding of Unity for mobile game development
- Strength and experience in UI art design, and how the 2D art elements and key art work well with UI styles and designs.
- Interest in player behavior and player experience, with a solid understanding of what makes characters iconic or collectible.
- Deep mobile market knowledge
- Ability to work with internal and external artists and outsource companies
3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
Competitive compensation package
401K with 3% employer matching
Family friendly culture
Flex PTO policy
On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
$1,500 annual budget for career development & education
$1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!