Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts – through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Storyboard Artist to join our 3D art team. As a Storyboard Artist, you will work closely with our internal design teams to illustrate simulation design documents step by step, and frame by frame.
In this highly creative role, you will help conceptualize the visual style of our VR training simulations bringing your expertise as a visionary, designer, and storyteller to communicate and maintain an art direction throughout the creation of world-class environments, characters, props, and animations.
- Create storyboard designs for characters, props, and environments to elevate the overall training experience
- Collaborate with team members across various departments to problem-solve and help steer the conceptual direction into the final sim experience
- Work closely with 3D Art teams, Environment, Animation, and Character teams, joining their design processes and working out any visual problems that arise during production
- Maintain updates on the storyboard as the sim develops, and use your illustrations as documentation for the SIM
- Minimum 3 years of experience in games, entertainment design, or 3D interactive media
- Possess aesthetic and design-oriented skills with a solid foundation in traditional arts such as figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Proficient in industry-standard art tools and 3D software like Maya and Unity
- Knowledge of 3D workflows and software packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of game engines and editors such as and their associated art pipelines, in Unity or Unreal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver projects on time
Passion for XR / VR technology’s applications in the learning environment
This is a contract position offering $25 – $35 per hour with the possibility of coming onboard full-time in the future.
If you have a passion for creating compelling visuals and are experienced in bringing ideas to life, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting position. Join our team of talented artists and designers and help us create immersive experiences that lead to pathways to prosperity.
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Must provide portfolio with storyboards in order to be considered.
If you apply, let us know you came from 3djobs.xyz!